- Support cultivation of medicinal plants which is the key to integrity, quality, efficacy and safety of the AYUSH systems of medicines by integrating medicinal plants in the farming systems, offer an option of crop diversification and enhance incomes of farmers.
- Cultivation following the Good Agricultural and Collection Practices (GACPs) to promote standardization and quality assurance and thereby enhance acceptability of the AYUSH systems globally and increase exports of value added items like herbal extracts, phyto-chemicals, dietary supplements, cosmeceuticals and AYUSH products.
- Support setting up processing clusters through convergence of cultivation, warehousing, value addition and marketing and development of infrastructure for entrepreneurs to set up units in such clusters.
- Implement and support certification mechanism for quality standards, Good Agriculture Practices (GAP), Good Collection Practices (GCP), and Good Storage Practices (GSP).
- Promote partnership, convergence and synergy among stake holders involved in R&D, processing and marketing in the public as well as private sector at national, regional, state and sub state level.