The main objective of AYUSH services is to enhance coverage of health care system through cost effective AYUSH Services by focusing on core competency areas of AYUSH through upgrading AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries, co-location of AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centres (PHCs), Community Health Centres (CHCs), District Hospitals (DHs) and Setting up of upto 50 bedded Integrated AYUSH Hospitals.
Components of the AYUSH Services under National AYUSH Mission:
- Co-location of AYUSH facilities at PHCs, CHCs and DHs.
- Upgradation of exclusive / standalone Government AYUSH Hospitals (other than PHCs / CHCs/ DHs)
- Upgradation of Government / Panchayat / Government aided AYUSH Dispensaries
- Setting up of upto 50 bedded integrated AYUSH Hospitals
- Supply of essential drugs to AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries
- Public Health Outreach activity
- Behaviour Change Communication (BCC)
- Mobility support
- AYUSH Gram
- School Health Programme through AYUSH